Targeting is important because you want to make sure the right audience is seeing your content. The paid option is always there, but there is an organic option that Facebook provides.
1. Select Settings at the top right hand corner
2. This window will pop up. Create your post how you desire.
3. Click the Public button and a dropdown box will appear. Select News Feed Targeting
(should be the third option).
4. This window will pop up. From here, you'll be able to specify your target audience base on interests (use browse to search and apply interest), age, gender, location, language, relationship status, and education level. When you're done, click Save.
5. Double check to make sure everything looks good and then click Share Now.
It's that simple! Give it a try next time you make a post on your Facebook Page. See you next time!